Sunday, September 30, 2012

Seriously Shine Free

I am always looking for a new product to control my oily face, and I was out one day and noticed this new product from Formula 10.0.6 at Ulta. I was curious to see what it was about so I purchased this product to give it a try. 

Description from company
  "Formula 10.0.6 seriously shine free mattifying oil free moisturizer aloe vera + bamboo this matte-finish moisturizer keeps skin smooth and shine free all day. Aloe vera softens skin while bamboo extract absorbs oil to maintain a balanced complexion. Oil free formula ensures clog-free pores."

-Formula 10.0.6

My Thoughts
I have been using this product  for about 2 months, and I still have about half of the tube left. This product will last someone a good 4-6 months if used consistently. The product had a nice consistency to it, and did not irritate my skin at all, also the scent was not great. I used it with an spf facial lotion and they both seemed to work fine together, since it does not contain spf at all. 
The real question is did it get rid of my shine...well I would say no unfortunately. Although I like this as an moisturizer this did nothing to control oil, and I would say it just was a nice moisturizer. This lotion didn't leave my skin matte, but almost dewy. I think anyone with acne-prone skin could use this as a great moisturizer and only for those purposes. I will continue to use the rest of the tube though, and I will still be on the look out for my Holy Grail oil control product. 


This line also carries a whole range of products for a variety of skin types, and I am interested in trying some of their other products to see if they work better compared to this one.

Have you tried Formula 10.0.6, and what are you favorite oil control products?

I would love to know and try some of your suggestions, since I am still on my quest!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking your blog. I'm stopping through from the BlogLoveTherapy blog hop ,I just followed you maybe we can follow each other.


    http://ohhletmesee.blogspot.com/letmesee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete